Tell us about Your Case
The I-130 Petition for Alien Relative allows a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to establish the existence of their family relationship with certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States. Alien relatives who qualify include:
(1) immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, including spouses and minor children
(2) unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
(3) spouses and minor children of permanent residents
(4) unmarried sons and daughters of permanent residents
(5) married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
(6) siblings of adult U.S. citizens
This petition does not grant immediate travel authorization into the United States. Instead, the I-130 petition allows a U.S. citizen to prove that their relationship with an alien relative exists and that alien relative qualifies for immigration benefits. An alien relative of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident will only be eligible for a green card upon the approval of an I-130 petition. Due to extensive visa backlogs for many countries, it can be months or years before an approved I-130 can be used to obtain a green card.
MT Law LLC has extensive experience working with family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents to sponsor family members for immigration to the U.S. Please contact us today to schedule a consultation.