Tell us about Your Case
As a busy conveyancing law firm, we are seeking a full time Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant to join our Lexington, MA headquarters. The Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant will manage day to day disbursements and reconciliations, among other related tasks. Prior experience in a law office setting is preferred, but not required.
- Provide diversified accounting and administrative support including, but not limited to:
- Perform all bookkeeping functions, including account reconciliation and check writing
- Perform data entry of reimbursable client costs in accounting system
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and disbursements for the IOLTA trust account in the accounting system
- Provide all required financial reports to management on a monthly basis
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
- Coordinate with the firm’s Accountants
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree Required
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Excellent MS Word and Excel skills
- Experience with Quickbooks is preferred
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) with company matching
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “Job Title – Location” in the subject line of your email.