Location: Lexington, MA
MT Law LLC, a busy collegial law firm headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts, is seeking to hire a full-time Immigration Paralegal for its Immigration Law Division. The candidate should be able to meet and keep track of deadlines, work independently, and be capable of coordinating efforts between attorneys and clients or other external parties.
- Assist with preparing, drafting, and filing applications and petitions with government agencies;
- Perform a range of case-related duties, including drafting email correspondence, letters, and documentation to clients, government agencies, and colleagues;
- Guide clients through the entire application process;
- Learn about the various types of immigration matters;
- Request, collect, and file documents in proper order;
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisor;
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team;
- Communicate regularly with clients, beneficiaries, and various government agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a liberal arts field (such as English, History, Political Science, Philosophy, etc.);
- Excellent writing skills and an interest in writing, reading, and analysis;
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask; and
- Interest in learning immigration law.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) with company matching
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Job Title – Location” in the subject line of your email.